"A little place called Hardrock"; or the story of how Hardrock came to be
Vraath keep is both the old keep where Lord Vraath once ruled (supposedly), and also the current residence of the PCs. It is a small keep, single story (excepting the gun-tower which is two and the cellar/cells which is subterran).
- Vraath keep was run down due to the orc chieftan’s lack of upkeep. The same will happen if the PCs don’t pay their yearly upkeep (5kgp/year – 415gp/month).
- The PCs can restore each of the rooms to ‘simple’, ‘good’ or ‘fancy’ conditions: They chose ‘good’.
- Guards – 72gp/year, 10gp/day bonus if fighting
- Alchemists Lab – 500gp. fancy: 3000gp includes helper (360gp/year) (fancy: +2 to alchemy)
- Chapel – simple 600gp (1 acolyte), fancy 25kgp (2 acolytes). acolytes: 360gp/year each (+1 or +2 to knowledge(religion))
- Smithy – simple 500gp, fancy 2kgp, 1 smith (144gp/year) or masterwork smith (360gp/year) (appropriate craft skills get +1 or +2)
- Kitchen – simple 2kgp, fancy 12kgp – fancy includes 2 cooks (36gp/year each)
- Dining Hall – simple 2kgp, fancy 12kgp – fancy includes 1 servant (36gp/year)
- Stables – if they keep horses, 1 groom is required (54gp/year)